Miller Children’s & Women’s Hospital Long Beach Foundation and Long Beach Medical Center Foundation
Sharon Thornton serves as the president of MemorialCare’s Miller Children’s & Women’s Hospital Long Beach Foundation and Long Beach Medical Center Foundation. The two foundations raise $10-15 million annually. In her role, Thornton oversees the fundraising activities for both hospitals, serves as the liaison between the hospital’s administration teams and board of directors, and provides oversight for the development and implementation of strategy to strengthen and grow fundraising support. Thornton has more than 24 years of experience in development, and a background in law. From 1996 to 2000, Thornton was the director of planned giving at another MemorialCare entity, MemorialCare Saddleback Medical Center where she developed a marketing plan that significantly expanded the organizations’ gift pipeline.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Los Angeles' Top Doctors: Antoine Soliman
- Los Angeles' Top Doctors: Torin Cunningham
- Los Angeles' Top Doctors: Inderpal Randhawa
- Los Angeles' Top Doctors: Glenn Levine
- UCLA, Miller Children’s Hospitals Partner to Expand Child Health Services
- Los Angeles' Top Doctors: Christopher Babbitt
- Los Angeles' Top Doctors: Saar Danon
- TOP DOCTORS LOS ANGELES: PEDIATRICS