Mona Patel Gera, MD, FAAP
Vice President of Ambulatory Operations
Children’s Hospital Los Angeles
Mona Patel’s responsibilities at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles include leadership in overseeing the ambulatory operations of more than 24 hospital-based clinics and six community specialty care centers. She is focused on standardizing care practice across the continuum and instilling the quadruple aim in health care modeling. As a pioneer in her field, Dr. Patel is an innovator in delivering pediatric care to children with complex special needs living in Los Angeles County. She has organized a coordinated health care delivery system for more than 1,500 families with special needs that include accessible care, coordinated care, and comprehensive care, helping this diverse and socio-economically challenged population. In addition, she has collected data to demonstrate better health with decreased utilization of the emergency room, fewer hospitalizations and fewer visits to the doctor’s office, by providing families 24/7 phone access to a health professional.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Top Doctors Los Angeles: Mona Patel
- Children’s Hospital Sees Growth from Clinic Work
- Top Women Leaders in Health Care: SMITHA RAVIPUDI, MPH
- Top Women Leaders in Health Care: CYNTHIA HERRINGTON, MD
- Health Care Leadership Forum & Awards 2018: PAUL GOMEZ
- TOP DOCTORS LOS ANGELES: INTERNAL MEDICINE
- LA 500: Thomas E. Jackiewicz
- Health Care Leadership Forum & Awards 2018: Finalists