Chief Nursing and Clinical Executive, Foothill Presbyterian Hospital/Inter-Community Hospital
Melissa Howard is in charge of all nursing and clinical areas including radiology, wound care, transitional care unit and laboratory areas for Inter-Community Hospital in Covina and Foothill Presbyterian Hospital in Glendora, and the management of a team of nurses and staff. She’s also a member of the health system’s executive leadership team. Howard played a critical leadership role in the 2019 system-wide installation of the Meditech Expanse program, an electronic health record system, which helped to promote greater physician engagement and patient outcomes. She also successfully guided several Green Belt projects to substantially improve patient safety, employee retention and financial sustainability at ICH and FPH. Howard also guides a program that helps to improve the health system’s mental health population by implementing evidenced-based tools and practices. She also mentors nursing graduates to embrace the value of compassionate care.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Focus: Comprehensive Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Care in the San Gabriel Valley
- Health Care Roundtable: EMANATE HEALTH
- Emanate Health to Host Free, Virtual Conference
- Citrus Valley Health Partners
- Women of Influence- Health Care: Melissa Bailey
- CareRev Raises $50 Million to Expand App for Health Care Workers
- Women of Influence- Health Care: Susan J. Brown, PhD, RN