Associate Administrator, Quality and Patient Safety
USC Verdugo Hills Hospital
Directing quality improvement, infection prevention and control, licensing and accreditation, and patient safety programs for USC Verdugo Hills Hospital, Mary Virgallito’s efforts have resulted in significant and rapid improvements in patient safety and quality rating scores within a three-year timeframe. Virgallito is currently hard at work managing the hospital’s response to the coronavirus. Due to her direction, USCVHH is a CDC approved assessment center for emerging infectious diseases patients. She quickly implemented a response protocol to COVID-19 that earned high praise from the LA County Department of Public Health. She has implemented no-touch and robotic cleaning practices to minimize risks to patients and staff. She was also the statewide representative for all California chapters of the Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology to the California Department of Public Health Healthcare Acquired Infections Advisory Committee.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Top Women Leaders in Health Care: STEPHANIE L. HALL, MD, MHA, FACEP
- Top Women Leaders in Health Care: THERESA MURPHY, RN
- Hospitals Split Over Getting ‘D’ in Patient Safety
- USC Acquires First Community Hospital
- Health Care Panel & Awards: Finalists
- Los Angeles' Top Doctors: Neha Nanda
- Top Women Leaders in Health Care: CAROLINE GOLDZWEIG, MD
- Top Doctors in Los Angeles: CARL R. CHUDNOFSKY