Marcia Lysaght, DNP, RN
Associate Director for Patient Care Services and Chief Nurse Executive
Greater Los Angeles VA
Marcia Lysaght has a span of control reaching more than 2000 FTEEs, including disciples of nursing, social work, chaplain services, and sterile processing. She is a member of the executive leadership team for the Greater Los Angeles VA and is intimately responsible for quality care metrics, budgeting, strategic planning, policy creation, and professional development at all levels. Among her colleagues and those with whom she has worked, Dr. Lysaght is known a remarkable leader. Determined and decisive, she harnesses the ability to dissect a situation and provide meaningful suggestions but also has the ability to lead from a ‘bird’s eye’ perspective. She routinely engages in discussions and decisions that account for large-scale patient care services. As a servant but compassionate leader, she inspires her team members to grow, learn, and contribute professionally to themselves and to others through mentorship.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Top Women Leaders in Health Care: THERESA MURPHY, RN
- Top Women Leaders in Health Care: DARLENE SCAFIDDI, RN, MSN
- Top Women Leaders in Health Care: MARGIE HARRIER
- Nurses Band Together in Staffing Crisis
- Top Women Leaders in Health Care: LINDA BURNES BOLTON, DrPH, RN, FAAN
- Top Women Leaders in Health Care: MELISSA HOWARD
- Bedside Matters
- Health Care Panel & Awards: HOSPITAL EXECUTIVE OF THE YEAR