Lourdes Baezconde-Garbanati, PhD
Professor in Preventive Medicine, USC; Associate Dean for Community Initiatives, KSOM; Associate Director for Community Engagement, USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center; Director, Center for Health Equity in the Americas
Keck School of Medicine of USC
Lourdes Baezconde-Garbanati is professor of preventive medicine at the Keck School of Medicine of USC, for which she oversees research on cancer prevention and control. She is also the associate dean of community and patient initiatives, developing intervention programs in local communities that improve overall health, especially of high-risk populations. Dr. Baezconde-Garbanati set up more than a dozen programs and more than 150 events, reaching thousands from the underserved population in our community with health promotion and disease prevention messaging, as well as outreach and screening. As Chair of the National Alliance for Hispanic Health, Dr. Baezconde- Garbanati engaged more than 15 million Hispanics nationally with science-based programming, research, education, policy, and services.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- USC Shares $16M Grant to Research Cancer Disparities Between Whites, Blacks and Latinos
- Top Women Leaders in Health Care: CARYN LERMAN, PhD
- USC Names Caryn Lerman to Direct its Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Top Women Leaders in Health Care: LAURA MOSQUEDA, MD
- Top Doctors in Los Angeles: HEINZ-JOSEF LENZ
- Mosqueda Named Dean of USC’s Keck School of Medicine
- USC Medical School Launches Office of Social Justice to Promote Fair Health Care
- TOP DOCTORS LOS ANGELES: CARDIOLOGY