Kita Curry, PhD
CEO & President
Didi Hirsch Mental Health Services
As CEO and President of Didi Hirsch Mental Health services, Kita Curry is the chief visionary, spokesperson, and fundraiser for the organization. She is responsible for the fiscal and clinical performance of the non-profit agency with an annual budget of $55 million, ten sites, 250 volunteers and 550 staff. Under Dr. Curry’s leadership, Didi Hirsch has grown significantly. The annual budget has tripled since she took the helm. In October 2018, Didi Hirsch opened a new permanent home for its Suicide Prevention Center to address growing demand for the agency’s lifesaving services. The space enabled Didi Hirsch to expand existing programs and add vital new ones. Dr. Curry has also helped make erasing mental health stigma a national cause by speaking openly about her own experience with depression, suicidal loss and an attempt. She often notes she felt it was her duty to make the agency’s mission personal.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Didi Hirsch Mental Health Opens $19M Suicide Prevention Center in Century City
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: Didi Hirsch Mental Health Services
- Giving Rises at Local United Way, Bucking Nationwide Declines
- Top Women Leaders in Health Care: CHRISTINA MILLER, PHD
- Commercial Real Estate Awards 2018: Best Medical Sale
- Mental Health Awareness: New State of Mental Health Report Shows Issues Troubling America’s Youth