Kavitha Bhatia, MD, MMM
Chief Medical Officer, Strategy
Kavitha Bhatia leads the development and implementation of strategic initiatives that advance the mission and success of Prime Healthcare. Dr. Bhatia works with corporate and hospital leaders to align goals, prioritize system-wide value creation and implement strategic initiatives to ensure Prime’s continued operational, financial and clinical success. Dr. Bhatia’s leadership and vision have helped Prime build the infrastructure to leverage its unique value and national scale, leading to improved efficiency, standardization, and quality care at 45 hospitals across the US. Prime’s Patient Experience improvement strategy, led by Dr. Bhatia, employs evidence-based approaches that remove barriers to empathy that caregivers encounter that allows them to exceed patient expectations. Her leadership has led to improvements at a rate that is outpacing Prime’s closest competitors. In addition, Dr. Bhatia helped establish Prime’s self-funded employee health plan where employees and dependents pay little to nothing for health care at Prime facilities.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Women of Influence- Health Care: Kavitha Bhatia, MD, MMM, FAAP
- Los Angeles' Top Doctors: Kavitha Bhatia
- Health Care Panel & Awards: Finalists
- Los Angeles' Top Doctors: Sunny Bhatia
- Health Care Roundtable
- Health Care Leadership Forum & Awards: How Lean Management Is Transforming Healthcare
- Top Doctors in Los Angeles: SUNNY BHATIA
- Hospital Buyer Offers Bitter Pill