President, UCLA Health; CEO, UCLA Hospital System; Associate Vice Chancellor of UCLA Health Sciences
Johnese Spisso, president of UCLA Health, CEO of UCLA Hospital System and Associate Vice Chancellor of UCLA Health Sciences, is a nationally recognized academic healthcare leader. With more than 30 years of experience, she oversees all operations of UCLA’s hospitals and clinics and the health system’s regional outreach strategy. In her four years as a top leader of the UCLA Hospital System, Spisso has been instrumental in building a hospital system that employs 31,000 people and improves access to care. She has succeeded in bringing high-quality health care into communities around Southern California. UCLA Health’s more than 180 clinics around the region recorded more than 2.8 million outpatient visits last year and its hospitals reported more than 600,000 unique patient visits. Spisso is leading UCLA’s push to provide convenient access to care closer to people’s homes and focusing on providing the best possible patient experience.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Women of Influence- Health Care: Johnese Spisso
- 2021's LA500 Speaker: Johnese Spisso
- Health Care Panel & Awards: Finalists
- Health Care Leadership Forum & Awards 2018: Finalists
- UCLA, Miller Children’s Hospitals Partner to Expand Child Health Services
- LA500 2020: Health Care
- Ginsburgs Donate $29 Million to UCLA Health
- Health Care Panel & Awards: HEALTH SYSTEM EXECUTIVE OF THE YEAR