Cynthia Herrington, MD
Vice President and Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer; Surgical Director of the Heart Transplant Program
Children’s Hospital Los Angeles
Cynthia Herrington is surgical director of the Heart Transplant Program in the Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles. She is one of only a handful of women cardiac surgeons in the country. Dr. Herrington successfully performed CHLA’s first ever dextrocardia transplant, one of the most complex surgeries of her 20-year career as a congenital cardiothoracic surgeon. Her current research focus is providing support options for Fontan patients. In collaboration with colleagues at CHLA and USC’s Viterbi School of Engineering, she designed an artificial right atrium that can be implanted to enable surgeons to safely put Fontan patients on bi-ventricular mechanical assist. As CHLA’s inaugural chief diversity, equity and inclusion officer, Dr. Herrington provides vision, thought leadership, strategic direction and coordination for organization-wide efforts to enhance diversity, equity and inclusion.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Top Doctors in Los Angeles: CYNTHIA HERRINGTON
- TOP DOCTORS LOS ANGELES: PEDIATRICS
- Cedars-Sinai Ranks No. 1 in Adult Heart Transplants
- Los Angeles' Top Doctors: Marc Sakwa
- TOP DOCTORS LOS ANGELES: COSMETIC AND RECONSTRUCTIVE SURGERY
- Children’s Hospital L.A. Joins Study Using Stem Cells to Treat Rare Heart Defect in Kids
- TOP DOCTORS LOS ANGELES: CARDIOLOGY