Consuelo (Connie) B. Casillas, MD
Southern California Permanente Medical Group Partner
Connie Casillas, a family physician, leads in the clinical care of patients by delivering outcomes for chronic disease and preventative health measures that persistently exceed internal and external benchmarks. She received the Family Physician of the Year award for Kaiser Permanente Los Angeles Medical Center for her exemplary work clinically and as an advocate for health equity within her organization. For outstanding leadership and inspiration in mentorship, she was awarded the MiMentor Alma Award in 2019. Dr. Casillas demonstrates a commitment to the delivery of equitable care to diverse populations by tirelessly working on efforts within and outside of her organization to promote effective pathways to healthcare for underrepresented in medicine (UIM) students. She has mentored summer pre-health professions students from the Health Career Connections, INROADS Programs at Kaiser on innovative projects for pathways and health equity for the past five years.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- TOP DOCTORS LOS ANGELES: INTERNAL MEDICINE
- Commercial Real Estate Awards 2018: Best Medical Project
- CFO Awards 2018 Nominees: Viewing Total Health as a Business
- Soon-Shiong’s NantHealth Buys Technology Firm
- South L.A. Medical Office Blossoms
- TOP DOCTORS LOS ANGELES: CARDIOLOGY
- A View From The Pandemic's Front Lines