Christina Miller, PhD
President and CEO
Mental Health America of Los Angeles
Christina Miller is president and CEO of Mental Health America of Los Angeles (MHALA), one of LA County’s largest and most comprehensive mental health organizations, providing integrated mental health services, medical care, wellness services, housing, employment, education and financial services, with special services for veterans and young adults. Since becoming MHALA’s CEO two years ago, Dr. Miller has led a strategic and cultural change process that has resulted in the integration of agency staff and services, a 30% increase in agency funding, the development of new functions (such as private development and evaluation), and has expanded reach and partnerships with the larger community. She has led the agency in new strategic directions with focus on resilience and quality of life, and special expansions in employment and youth services. She brings a breadth of mental health expertise from her work in inpatient, outpatient, community mental health, and nonprofit settings.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Mental Health Awareness: Reinventing Mental Health Services in a Pandemic
- Top Women Leaders in Health Care: KITA CURRY, PHD
- MHALA: Helping Those Who Need it Most
- Top Women Leaders in Health Care: CARYN LERMAN, PhD
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: Mental Health America of Los Angeles
- Top Women Leaders in Health Care: LOURDES BAEZCONDE-GARBANATI, PHD
- Mental Health In The Workplace: How Employers Can Support Their Greatest Asset
- Health Care Leadership Forum & Awards 2018: Finalists