Caryn Lerman, PhD
Director, USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center; Associate Dean for Cancer Programs
Keck School of Medicine of USC
Caryn Lerman is the first female director of USC’s NCI-designated Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center (NCCC). In this role, she provides the strategic vision to accelerate the NCCC’s impact on reducing the burden of cancer in our ethnically and racially diverse catchment area of Los Angeles County and beyond. Through her work at the USC NCCC, Dr. Lerman has brought innovation, integration and diversity to healthcare. As a leader in Keck Medicine, she set forth a vision for patient-centered cancer care that leverages clinical, genomic, environmental and lifestyle information about patients to provide the most individualized and effective approaches to cancer prevention, treatment, and survivorship. For example, in the first 11 months of Dr. Lerman’s leadership, the USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center launched the Targets to Therapies program to transform laboratory discoveries into new cancer treatments, with multiple potential novel therapies in early stage drug development.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- USC Names Caryn Lerman to Direct its Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Health Care Leadership Forum & Awards: USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center - Top Cancer/Oncology Program of the Year
- Top Women Leaders in Health Care: LOURDES BAEZCONDE-GARBANATI, PHD
- TOP DOCTORS LOS ANGELES: ONCOLOGY
- Top Doctors in Los Angeles: HEINZ-JOSEF LENZ
- Top Doctors Los Angeles: Stephen Sener
- Thomas E. Jackiewicz
- Top Doctors Los Angeles: Christy Russell