According to the Los Angeles County Economic Development Corp.’s most recent People, Industry and Jobs Report, the city of Los Angeles and L.A. County as a whole are more racially and ethnically diverse than ever. Approximately 27% of the resident population in both geographies identify as “white,” for example, compared to nearly 50% identifying as having Hispanic or Latino origins.
This has been good for business. Based on mounting research, a diverse assortment of people on the same team helps team members look at problems more carefully while also being more innovative, creative and inclusive about their solutions. Los Angeles boasts a blend of cultures and is a perfect example of how people from different backgrounds come together to make industries and communities thrive.
We also have much to be proud of in terms of our region’s standard-setting leadership role when it comes to diversification programs.
So we welcome you to our fifth annual celebration of what among the most important and exciting aspects of doing business in L.A. – diversity and inclusion.
Our Diversity & Inclusion Summit event, held March 10 at the LA Grand Hotel Downtown, included a series of thought-provoking panels packed with knowledgeable speakers, each of whom is briefly profiled on these pages. We appreciate our panelists taking the time to share their insights and knowledge.
The panels covered topics such as “CEO & Leadership,” “Building a Diverse Team,” “Innovative Mentoring” and a thought-provoking keynote presentation titled “Humanizing Diversity and Inclusion” presented by Sahar Andrade.
Thanks to our sponsors and all the experts who shared their knowledge with us last week and play a proactive and positive role in promoting diversity and inclusion in L.A.’s business community.
CEO & Publisher
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Diversity and Inclusion: Publisher's Letter
- Diversity & Inclusion Summit 2018: The Importance of Appreciating Differences
- Top Minority CPAs in Los Angeles: Diversity of Thought Makes a Better Business Advisor
- Best Law Firms: SIDLEY AUSTIN LLP
- 2020 Diversity & Inclusion: Diversity in Health Care - The Key to Better Health Outcomes in Minority Communities
- USC Study: Hollywood So White
- 2020 Diversity & Inclusion: Leveraging Diversity to Create Your Dream Team
- Pursuing Different Dividends in L.A.