Partner in Charge of Alston & Bird’s Los Angeles Office
Alston & Bird
Thomas Wingard is the partner-in-charge of Alston & Bird’s Los Angeles office, where he focuses his practice on general corporate, securities and business matters. He represents companies involved in a wide variety of businesses, including renewable energy, wireless communications, heavy industry, software and other technology companies, broadcasting and other media, Internet, consulting, manufacturing, real estate and health care.
As principal outside counsel to his clients, Tom initiates, negotiates and manages transactions, both domestic and foreign, of traditional, “new economy” and government-regulated industries ranging from startup ventures to billion-dollar companies. He has extensive experience in mergers and acquisitions, the financing of emerging companies and negotiating complex business transactions. For these clients, he has negotiated the terms of acquisitions and divestitures, joint ventures, debt and equity offerings, venture capital financings and reorganizations/debt restructuring. Tom also advises management and directors in a broad range of business matters, including compliance with state and federal securities laws, corporate governance, international structuring, expansion opportunities, licensing and executive employment arrangements, compensation, stock option and employee matters.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Atlanta Firm Still Building Case in Downtown L.A.
- Local Firms Make Case for Discounts
- Leaders of Influence: Private Equity Advisors - MATTHEW WRYSINSKI
- Most Influential Minority Attorneys: Elizabeth Sperling
- Top Women Attorneys in Los Angeles: Jessica Sharron
- Top Minority Attorney's in Los Angeles: PAMELA J. PRIVETT
- Top Litigators & Trial Lawyers: CHARLES COX
- Most Influential Women Lawyers: Deborah Yoon Jones