CITY OF HOPE
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment center for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases. Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope’s translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is the highest ranked cancer hospital in the West, according to U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals: Specialty Ranking. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- LA500 Speaker: Robert W. Stone
- Health Care Leadership Panel Speaker: Robert Stone
- HOT SPOTS---Biotech Hot Spots Spread Across Map of Los Angeles
- City of Hope Adding to Stem Cell Capabilities
- Health Care Leadership Forum & Awards: USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center - Top Cancer/Oncology Program of the Year
- Long Beach On The Rise: The Future of Health Care is at MemorialCare Long Beach Medical Center