Scott A. Edelman
Partner and Co-Chair of the Media, Entertainment & Technology Practice Group
Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
During his tenure as a partner with Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher, Scott A. Edelman has first-chaired numerous jury trials, bench trials and arbitrations, including class actions, taking well over 20 cases to final verdict or decision. He has substantial experience trying high stakes cases and has a broad background in commercial litigation, including antitrust, class actions, employment, entertainment, intellectual property, real estate and product liability. Edelman co-leads AMC’s defense team on three of the largest and most significant profit participation cases in television history. The cases concern AMC’s blockbuster television series, “The Walking Dead.” He is also representing Universal Music Group in a putative class action brought by artists related to master recordings allegedly destroyed in a fire on the Universal Studios backlot. Last year, on behalf of MGM Studios Inc., he successfully opposed class certification in Buck v. MGM Studios.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Top Litigators & Trial Lawyers: SCOTT A. EDELMAN
- Most Influential Minority Attorneys: Marcellus McRae
- Most Influential Women Lawyers: Theane Evangelis
- Featured Profile: Litigation Attorney Scott Edelman
- LA 500: Theodore J. Boutrous Jr.
- Top Litigators in Los Angeles: WAYNE BARSKY
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: MARISSA DENNIS
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: THEANE EVANGELIS