John D. Hanover
Alston & Bird
John Hanover is a partner in Alston & Bird’s Construction & Government Contracts Group. He has almost 34 years of experience as a construction litigator working on complex, high-visibility matters ranging from contract disputes involving scope changes, delay, and interruption claims to enforcement of payment remedies and recovery for defective work. His clients include general contractors, subcontractors, developers, design professionals, construction managers, owners, and financial institutions. Hanover has served as lead counsel in approximately 20 jury and nonjury trials and many hundreds of arbitrations and mediations. He serves as lead counsel for Lendlease (U.S.) Construction, Inc., in 20 litigation matters now pending in Los Angeles Superior Court and one pending before the Court of Appeal related to the $1.5 billion mixed-use Oceanwide Plaza construction project that consists of three high-rise residential towers above a five-story parking and retail podium located across from the Staples Center in Downtown Los Angeles.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Women Of Influence : Attorneys - Rachel Lowe
- Top Women Attorneys in Los Angeles: Jessica Sharron
- Top Litigators in Los Angeles: JAMES R. EVANS, JR.
- MOST INFLUENTIAL MINORITY ATTORNEYS: JESSE JAUREGUI
- Top Litigators in Los Angeles: EDWARD J. CASEY
- JEFFREY ROSENFELD
- Top Litigators & Trial Lawyers: CHARLES COX
- Most Influential Minority Attorneys: Elizabeth Sperling