CHA Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center
An accomplished world-renowned physician-scientist, Dr. Rohit Varma is recognized as a visionary leader in glaucoma and the epidemiology of eye diseases. He is an expert on changes in the optic nerve in glaucoma and is also studying new imaging techniques in the early diagnosis of glaucomatous optic nerve damage. His primary research focuses on epidemiologic studies of eye disease in children and aging populations. He is principal investigator of several National Institute of Health-funded studies, including the Los Angeles Latino Eye Study, the Chinese American Eye Study, the Multi-Ethnic Pediatric Eye Diseases Study and the African American Eye Disease Study.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- CHA Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center Launches New Eye Care and Research Institute
- Los Angeles' Top Doctors: Grace Richter
- National Academy of Medicine Taps UCLA Neurosurgeon
- Los Angeles' Top Doctors: Beth Karlan
- Los Angeles' Top Doctors: Antoni Ribas
- Laura Mosqueda
- Top Doctors in Los Angeles: KAREN MORGAN
- Roskis give $25 million to USC Eye Institute