City of Hope
Dr. Ravi Salgia is a true clinician-scientist whose significant achievements over his 25-year career have made a tremendous impact in advancing cancer research and patient care. He has been able to successfully translate basic science breakthroughs elucidating key mechanisms in cancer into novel therapies that are helping patients today. His most impactful work has been the study of receptor tyrosine kinases and signal transduction pathways in solid tumors. He was the first to identify the role of MET receptor tyrosine kinase and RON receptor tyrosine kinase in solid tumors; the first to identify unique gain-of-function mutations in MET; and the first to identify MET exon 14 skipping alterations.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- National Academy of Medicine Taps UCLA Neurosurgeon
- Los Angeles' Top Doctors: Antoni Ribas
- Amgen Bone Drug Gets New Approved Use
- Arie Belldegrun, MD
- Cancer Awareness & Prevention: Scientists Develop Potential New Approach to Stop Cancer Metastasis
- UCLA Stakes Claim on Inaugural Innovation Day
- Good Samaritan’s $100M Outpatient Project
- NantWorks Acquires Precision Biologics