Children’s Hospital Los Angeles
Cardiothoracic surgeon Dr. Cynthia Herrington is program director of the Congenital Cardiac Surgery Fellowship and Surgical Director of the Heart Transplant Program in the Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles (CHLA). She is one of only a handful of women cardiac surgeons in the country. She is also an Associate Professor of Surgery with the Keck School of Medicine of USC. In March 2019, Dr. Herrington was also named CHLA Vice President and inaugural Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer within the newly formed Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at CHLA. Dr. Herrington completed her training in Cardiothoracic Surgery at the University of Minnesota in 1998.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Top Women Leaders in Health Care: CYNTHIA HERRINGTON, MD
- TOP DOCTORS LOS ANGELES: PEDIATRICS
- Children’s Hospital L.A. Joins Study Using Stem Cells to Treat Rare Heart Defect in Kids
- Cedars-Sinai Ranks No. 1 in Adult Heart Transplants
- TOP DOCTORS LOS ANGELES: NEUROLOGY
- TOP DOCTORS LOS ANGELES: ORTHOPEDICS AND SPORTS MEDICINE
- Health Care Panel & Awards: HOSPITAL OR MEDICAL CENTER OF THE YEAR