Last year, heart surgeon Joanna Chikwe was named chair of the newly established Department of Cardiac Surgery in the Smidt Heart Institute at Cedars-Sinai. Dr. Chikwe’s appointment recognizes her major standing as an international leader in cardiovascular surgery with clinical expertise and major scholarly contributions in advanced heart valve repair, coronary revascularization and minimally invasive heart procedures. Dr. Chikwe comes to Cedars-Sinai from the Mount Sinai Health System in New York, where she was a professor in the Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, and where she served as the founding Chair of the Department of Cardiovascular Surgery at Mount Sinai St. Luke’s. A native of England, she earned her medical degree from the University of Oxford.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Top Doctors in Los Angeles: CHRISTINE ALBERT
- Top Doctors Los Angeles: Ashkan Ehdaie
- TOP DOCTORS LOS ANGELES: CARDIOLOGY
- Cedars-Sinai Ranks No. 1 in Adult Heart Transplants
- Harbor Freight Mogul Gives $50M to Cedars-Sinai for Heart Research
- TOP DOCTORS LOS ANGELES: PEDIATRICS
- Eric Smidt
- Top Doctors in Los Angeles: CYNTHIA HERRINGTON