King & Spalding
Julia Romano, who made partner at King & Spalding last year, has the trial experience that few 35-year-old, female and openly LGBT attorneys possess, with more than a dozen high-profile jury trials under her belt after 11 years of practice. As an associate, Romano quickly found her way into the courtroom and onto trial teams, performing litigation and trial work at a young age. By the time she was a fifth-year associate, Romano was regularly preparing and arguing motions in limine, writing direct and cross exams, preparing opening and closing statements, handling charge conferences, assisting with overall trial strategy and even taking witnesses at trial.
Romano is now second-chairing some of the most high-profile trials in the product liability world against some of the leading plaintiff’s lawyers in the field. Having benefited from mentorship herself, Romano is now paying it forward as the mentoring partner in King & Spalding’s LA office.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Minority Leaders Of Influence, Attorneys: Kelly Perigoe
- King & Spalding Hires 12 Partners from Boies Schiller
- King & Spalding Hires 12 Partners From Boies Schiller
- 2019 Leaders in Law Finalists: Litigation Attorney of the Year
- Top Litigators & Trial Lawyers: ANN MARIE MORTIMER
- Leaders of Influence: Litigators & Trial Lawyers- PETER A. STROTZ
- Leaders of Influence: Litigators & Trial Lawyers- JOSEPH N. AKROTIRIANAKIS
- Boies Rethinks LA Approach