Belinda Martinez Vega
Belinda Martinez Vega is a partner in Venable LLP’s Los Angeles office. She focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation, including matters involving unfair business practices, securities litigation, intellectual property, contract disputes, and fraud. She also counsels clients on corporate compliance and conducts internal investigations in response to government inquiries and allegations of misconduct.
This past year, she was a key part of a team that obtained a complete defense verdict in a $25 million California jury trial alleging breach of duty and fraud against a hospitality company and its CEO. Vega also played a key role in obtaining summary judgment for a refrigeration services company that was sued for vicarious liability and negligent supervision, hiring, and training when an employee drove his vehicle while intoxicated, causing a serious accident. In addition to her legal work, she serves on the board of directors of the Los Angeles Fire and Police Pensions.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Most Influential Minority Attorneys: Belinda Martinez Vega
- Minority Leaders Of Influence, Attorneys: Belinda M. Vega
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: CELESTE BRECHT
- Women Of Influence : Attorneys - Sarah Brooks
- 2019 Leaders in Law Finalists: Intellectual Property Attorney of the Year
- Leaders of Influence: Litigators & Trial Lawyers- ROY JIMENEZ
- Minority Leaders Of Influence, Attorneys: Camilla Chan
- Influential Women in Accounting: MARYELLEN SEBOLD