Roland M. Juarez
Hunton Andrews Kurth LLP
Roland Juarez is known for handling high-stakes labor and employment cases for some of California’s largest and most high-profile employers, and he has successfully defended clients against the most challenging claims facing employers in California and across the nation. He has secured impressive victories for his clients through innovative strategies.
In a potentially precedent-setting case under the Immigration & Nationality Act, involving the H-1B visa program, Juarez secured a win via summary judgment, obtaining dismissal of 74 claims of back pay. The claims arose from hundreds of employees at Volt Workforce Solutions following an investigation by the U.S. Department of Labor (USDOL) that lasted several years. Juarez was victorious in arguing that the USDOL’s expansion of the investigation was not authorized because the USDOL had failed to meet the specific statutory requirements for such expanded investigations.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Top Litigators & Trial Lawyers: ROLAND JUAREZ
- Leaders of Influence: Litigators & Trial Lawyers- ROLAND M. JUAREZ
- Minority Leaders Of Influence, Attorneys: Roland M. Juarez
- 2020 Leaders in Law Finalists: Labor & Employment Attorney of the Year
- Leaders in Law 2018 Winners: Labor & Employment Firm Attorney of the Year - Apalla U. Chopra
- Thriving In Their 40's: Marshall Camp
- 2019 Leaders in Law Honorees: Litigation Attorney of the Year
- Women Of Influence : Attorneys - Emily Burkhardt Vicente