Mercedes O. Martin
Mercedes Martin is an active participant in both the firm’s Diversity and Women’s Committees, and has been instrumental in implementing firm wide diversity events to shape the firm’s culture across its growing number of offices in the west coast. This June, Matin was elevated to shareholder.
In a short period of time, Martin has assumed a leading role in representing institutional banks as lenders and equity investors in low-income housing tax credit projects nationwide. With a particular emphasis in California, she has developed an expertise in structuring and navigating the multitude of rules and regulations governing the subsidies and public funds required to finance these affordable housing projects. She now co-chairs the firm’s Tax Credit Practice Group. She also regularly represents developers, borrowers, lenders and investors in the structuring and financing of projects utilizing new markets tax credits and renewable energy credits.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Minority Leaders Of Influence, Attorneys: Mercedes O. Martin
- Leaders in Law Finalists - Corporate Counsel Awards: PRIVATE COMPANY CORPORATE COUNSEL
- Women Of Influence Accounting: Polina Chapiro
- 2019 Leaders in Law Finalists: Real Estate Attorney of the Year
- Most Influential Women in Accounting 2019: Polina Chapiro