Enrique A. Monagas
Enrique A. Monagas practice focuses primarily on business, intellectual property, entertainment, and constitutional matters. He has represented clients before the Supreme Court of the United States, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, the California Supreme Court. The Hispanic National Bar Association and the National LGBT Bar Association have each recognized Monagas as a “Top Lawyer Under 40.”
Recently, Monagas successfully represented Southern California Edison in litigation concerning the enforcement of tariffs filed with the California Public Utilities Commission and allegations of fraud against the utility. He won a motion for summary judgment on the basis on a rarely used legal principle, “The Filed Rate Doctrine.” While at the California Department of Justice, Monagas served as the lead attorney representing the State in the federal challenge to the Trump Administration’s ban on military service by transgender individuals.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- The Most Influential Intellectual Property Attorneys In Los Angeles: KENT RAYGOR
- Theodore J. Boutrous Jr.
- Top Litigators in Los Angeles: STEPHEN G. LARSON
- Minority Leaders Of Influence, Attorneys: Mira Hashmall
- Leaders of Influence: Litigators & Trial Lawyers- STEPHEN G. LARSON
- Minority Leaders Of Influence, Attorneys: Kelly Perigoe
- Top Women Attorneys in Los Angeles: Mira Hashmall
- The Most Influential Intellectual Property Attorneys In Los Angeles: WAYNE BARSKY