Candace L. Matson
Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP
Candace Matson is a partner in Sheppard Mullin’s Los Angeles office, where she is a member of the Business Trials and Real Estate Practice Groups. She also leads the firm’s Construction Team. Matson is a long-time co-chair of the firm’s LGBTQ+ attorney affinity group, Out At Sheppard, and also serves on the firm’s Diversity & Inclusion Strategic Council.
Matson, a highly seasoned attorney with more than 30 years of experience, represents clients in complex private and public deals and disputes relating to the design and construction industries. Described by clients as “excellent, thorough, and professional,” she maintains a hybrid practice, working on both transactional and litigation matters, as well as serving as an arbitrator of design and construction disputes, both privately and through the auspices of various ADR providers. Matson represents owners, lenders, investment funds, contractors (all tiers), engineering and design professionals, and others in the post-entitlement phase of real estate development.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Top Women Attorneys in Los Angeles: Whitney Jones Roy
- Defense Lawyers Say ‘Reptile Theory’ Tips Scales
- Ex-Employee’s Loss May Work in Bosses’ Favor
- Leaders in Law Honorees - Attorney Awards: ADAM STREISAND
- Top Litigators in Los Angeles: ADAM F. STREISAND
- Most Influential Women Lawyers: Sascha Henry
- Coudert's Demise Shaping Up as Sheppard Mullin's Gain