Kirkland & Ellis LLP
Anne Kim is a corporate tax partner in Kirkland & Ellis’ nationally recognized M&A / Private Equity practice group. Recently joining the firm from Proskauer Rose, Anne is an integral part of Kirkland’s premier Los Angeles team that serves Ares Management Corporation, a leading global alternative asset manager with approximately $144 billion of assets under management. Her practice focuses on advising public and private companies in both taxable and tax-free mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, cross-border transactions and formation of joint ventures. She has experience with diverse industries that are on the pulse of the culture here in California, including technology, energy, retail, entertainment, media and insurance.
Among Kim’s involvement with recent transactions includes her work on behalf of Ares Management Corporation in its check-the-box election to be treated as a corporation for tax purposes effective March 1, 2018, followed by its conversion to a corporation under Delaware law in November 2018.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Most Influential Minority Attorneys: Nisha Kanchanapoomi
- Top Minority Attorneys in Los Angeles: CHRIS WU
- Most Influential Private Equity Investors & Advisors: Luke Guerra
- Leaders in Law 2018 Firm Attorney of the Year Finalists: Michael A. Woronoff
- Most Influential Private Equity Investors & Advisors: Michael Woronoff
- Leaders in Law 2018 Firm Attorney of the Year Finalists: Kevin Ehrhart
- MOST INFLUENTIAL MINORITY ATTORNEYS: LUKE GUERRA
- Most Influential Private Equity Investors & Advisors: Peter Massumi