William J. Briggs II
William J. Briggs, II, a partner with Venable LLP in Los Angeles, is recognized as a leading trial lawyer and civil litigator, with extensive experience in the entertainment industry. He provides counsel to some of the most recognizable names in the film, television, music, and sports industries. His clients include actors, musicians, comedians, producers, high-net-worth individuals, celebrities, athletes, and entertainers.
Because of his substantial courtroom experience, clients turn to Briggs for representation in disputes that involve trademarks, copyrights, the First Amendment, defamation, invasion of privacy, right of publicity, guild disputes, profit participation, royalty payments, violations of the Talent Agencies Act, and interpretation and enforcement of talent, executive, distribution, film, and recording contracts. Briggs is also active in the local community. He was appointed to the board of directors of the Los Angeles City Employees’ Retirement System by Mayor Eric Garcetti.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Top Litigators in Los Angeles: WILLIAM J. BRIGGS, II
- Most Influential Minority Attorneys: William J. Briggs, II
- Minority Leaders Of Influence, Attorneys: William Briggs II
- Leaders of Influence: Litigators & Trial Lawyers- WILLIAM BRIGGS, II
- Top Litigators & Trial Lawyers: WILLIAM BRIGGS
- Top Litigators & Trial Lawyers: ALEX WEINGARTEN
- Most Influential Women Lawyers: Celeste Brecht
- Leaders of Influence: Litigators & Trial Lawyers- ALEX WEINGARTEN