Marissa Roman Griffith
Partner/ Entertainment Group
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
Among the very few senior Latina attorneys in private practice specializing in media and entertainment transactions, Marissa Roman Griffith regularly handles multimillion-dollar deals for financiers, borrowers, distributors and others involved in various aspects of the production, financing and distribution of film, television and digital content, including credit facilities, domestic and international co-financing agreements and slate transactions.
Among her recent successes has been her work on behalf of Media Rights Capital (MRC) and its affiliates in connection with MRC’s financing activities in film and TV (including co-production and co-financing arrangements for the films ‘Dora and the Lost City of Gold,’ ‘Knives Out’ and ‘The Lovebirds,’ and financing arrangements for the television series ‘Counterpart,’ ‘Dark Tower,’ ‘The Great,’ ‘The Outsider,’ and ‘Ozark;’ and MRC’s JPMorgan-led credit facility.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Top Women Attorneys in Los Angeles: Marissa Román Griffith
- MOST INFLUENTIAL MINORITY ATTORNEYS: MARISSA ROMÁN GRIFFITH
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: MARISSA ROMÁN GRIFFITH
- Leaders in Law 2018 Winners: Entertainment Firm Attorney of the Year - Christopher S. Spicer
- Leaders in Law 2018 Firm Attorney of the Year Finalists: Bruce Tobey
- Minority Leaders Of Influence, Attorneys: Larissa Calva-Ruiz
- Women Of Influence : Attorneys - Elsa Ramo
- Leaders of Influence: Private Equity Advisors - MATTHEW WRYSINSKI