Vice President and General Manager
Project Management Advisors Inc.
Born and raised in Hong Kong, and having lived in five countries, Sonnet Hui has spent her life at the crossroads of ideas, cultures and global experience, a perspective she brings to her day-to-day work, facilitating discussions and navigating the complexity of high-stakes real estate development projects. As a young architect working in Los Angeles and internationally, Hui rarely saw leadership roles filled by minorities or women, a problem that persists today. She forged her own path, becoming the role model she wanted to see and mentoring young women in the commercial real estate industry to achieve their career ambitions.
As a mentor, Hui has prepared numerous young women for the realities of working in the built environment while coaching them to stay true to their goals. This focus has bolstered Sonnet’s professional achievements, which include brand-defining mixed use, luxury residential, healthcare, hospitality, and entertainment developments throughout the city.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Women of Influence, Construction & Design: Sonnet Hui
- Leaders in Law Honorees - Corporate Counsel Awards: LILY YAN HUGHES
- Women's Leadership Series 2020: Understanding Trauma and Its Impact on Children, Families and Community
- Passing Propane Torch
- CFO Awards 2018 Winners: Maria Carlson - Private Company CFO of the Year (Large Company)
- 2020 Diversity & Inclusion: The Transformative Power of Mentoring
- Diversity, Inclusion + Equity Panel Speaker: Kandee Rochelle Lewis