Partner; Head of Intellectual Property Litigation & Licensing Group
David Gindler is a partner in Milbank’s Los Angeles office with over 35 years of expertise. As head of the firm’s Intellectual Property Litigation and Licensing Group, his practice focuses on intellectual property litigation and licensing, with an emphasis in complex patent litigation. Gindler’s work spans a broad array of industries and technologies. He has achieved extraordinary trial outcomes for both plaintiffs and defendants, including a $302 million verdict for breach of a research and license agreement, and defeating a $217 million damages claim where liability had already been established in an earlier trial handled by a different law firm.
Recently, Gindler achieved successful outcomes for his clients in numerous high-profile and significant cases, including his current work representing the world’s third largest manufacturer of base station antennas, China-based Rosenberger Asia Pacific, and related companies, in defending against a trade secret misappropriation lawsuit and a patent infringement lawsuit filed by its competitor, US-based CommScope.
Gindler also recently represented Genentech and Biogen in patent litigation under the Biologics Price Competition and Innovation Act relating to Genentech’s blockbuster drug, Rituxan, and in connection with 25 petitions for inter partes review filed with the Patent Trial and Appeal Board challenging the validity of multiple patents relating to methods of using Rituxan to treat serious diseases. He also represented Skysong Innovations, which manages the intellectual property of Arizona State University, in the successful negotiation of a complex exclusive license agreement with OncoMyx Therapeutics, a startup company developing oncolytic immunotherapies based on the myxoma virus platform to orchestrate an immune response and treat cancer.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Leaders of Influence: Litigators & Trial Lawyers- DAVID GINDLER
- The Most Influential Intellectual Property Attorneys In Los Angeles: MARK SCARSI
- MOST INFLUENTIAL MINORITY ATTORNEYS: BENJAMIN T. WANG
- The Most Influential Intellectual Property Attorneys In Los Angeles: VALERIE GOO
- 2019 Leaders in Law Finalists: Intellectual Property Attorney of the Year
- 2020 Leaders in Law Finalists: Intellectual Property Attorney of the Year
- The Most Influential Intellectual Property Attorneys In Los Angeles: RYAN YAGURA
- Minority Leaders Of Influence, Attorneys: Nimalka R. Wickramasekera