Chief Legal Officer/General Counsel
Alan Dettelbach serves as chief legal officer and general counsel of Wedgewood, LLC, one of the nation’s leading acquirers of distressed residential real estate, and CIVIC Financial Services, LLC – a wholly owned subsidiary and institutionalized private money lender. Dettelbach joined Wedgewood in 2012 and oversees all legal matters for the companies including acquisition transactions, financial structures, syndications, securitizations, mortgage product creation, joint ventures, corporate governance and litigation.
Throughout the evolution of the company, Dettelbach has conquered many material challenges, such as helping to architect the complete restructure of the company and subsequent creation of unit awards; supporting the company’s first securitization; mediating disgruntled parties to a graceful conclusion; and many others. He also leads the compliance associated with Wedgewood’s HR team, all business transactions, expansion into new states, and relationships with new counterparties. Additionally, for CIVIC specifically, Dettelbach runs point on all major movements for its growth and emergence into the private money space.
Vice President, General Counsel
As the general counsel at iHerb, Clarice Hovsepian has been tasked with creating and running the internal legal department of a multinational company with revenues over $1.5 billion. Her challenges include integrating legal into business seamlessly so that her group is viewed as a strategic partner which allows her team to provide legal/compliance oversight to business. She is also responsible for creating companywide legal/compliance programs that address practical business needs and yet still mitigate risk and exposure.
Helming the legal department of the fast-growing multi-billion dollar online health and wellness business that is iHerb, Hovsepian is also responsible for managing compliance in the various countries in which iHerb operates. She has repeatedly demonstrated growth and professional proficiency within a fast-paced, consumer-focused environment, and is notable for her continued success at iHerb in light of such mission-critical responsibilities, as well as her commitment to philanthropy.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- 2020 Leaders in Law Honoree: Large Private Company of the Year
- Leaders in Law Finalists - Corporate Counsel Awards: PRIVATE COMPANY CORPORATE COUNSEL
- 2019 Leaders in Law Honoree: Nonprofit General Counsel of the Year
- 2020 Leaders in Law Finalists: Growing Private Company of the Year
- 2020 Leaders in Law Finalists: Mid-Sized Private Company of the Year
- 2019 Leaders in Law Finalists: General Counsel of the Year - Small Private Company
- 2019 Leaders in Law Finalists: General Counsel of the Year – Large Private Company
- 2020 Leaders in Law Honoree: Growing Private Company of the Year