Whitney Jones Roy
Partner; Co-Chair, Environmental Litigation Team
Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
Whitney Jones Roy is the co-chair of Sheppard Mullin’s Environmental Litigation Team and served for eight years as the Office Managing Partner in the firm’s Los Angeles Office. She specializes in both environmental litigation and business litigation. Her expertise includes the Clean Air Act, CERCLA, RCRA, Prop 65, design defect, failure to warn, negligence, nuisance, and trespass. Roy spends a substantial portion of her time defending ExxonMobil in MTBE/water contamination litigation. With respect to the most active California MTBE litigation (Orange County Water District v. Unocal, et al.), she handled all aspects of the litigation including coordination of the joint defense group, written discovery, depositions, motion practice, and trial prep. Roy served as lead counsel for Exxon in this matter during the January 2019 federal court trial. She is also the founder of Sheppard Mullin’s Los Angeles Women Lawyers Group and a member of the firm’s Women’s Leadership Council.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Top Minority Attorneys in Los Angeles: CANDACE L. MATSON
- Top Women Attorneys in Los Angeles: Samantha Grant
- Leaders of Influence: Litigators & Trial Lawyers- ROBYN CROWTHER
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: POLLY TOWILL
- Most Influential Women Lawyers: Sascha Henry
- Adam Streisand
- The Most Influential Intellectual Property Attorneys In Los Angeles: JILL PIETRINI