Ellia M. Thompson
Ervin Cohen & Jessup LLP
At the end of 2009, after developing expertise in land use and planning law, Ellia Thompson decided to open her own small firm dedicated to representing developers, business owners, and property owners in overcoming the regulatory, environmental, and political obstacles to property use and development. Unlike many other land use lawyers in Los Angeles, she does not represent anyone or any group who opposes development or other people’s property rights. During the next six years, she honed her skills to handle every issue facing a property owner or developer in Los Angeles and throughout Southern California, including: entitlement approvals, housing issues, environmental concerns, litigation, and even defense of criminal prosecution related to property citations. In early 2016, Thompson moved her land use team to the firm of Ervin, Cohen and Jessup. Her ability to see realities and opportunities that other people in real estate have missed has significantly helped grow her Land Use practice.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Most Influential Women Lawyers: Ellia Thompson
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: ELLIA THOMPSON
- L.A.’s Dysfunction Hits Home
- Top Minority Attorneys in Los Angeles: POOJA S. NAIR
- Top Women Attorneys in Los Angeles: Pooja S. Nair
- Who's Brokering Los Angeles: Jonathan Larsen
- Minority Leaders Of Influence, Attorneys: Albert C. Valencia
- Bankruptcy Boom Puts Firm in Acquisitive Mood