Abigail (Abby) O’Brient is a top-rated bankruptcy attorney practicing at Mintz in the firm’s Los Angeles office. She maintains a wide-ranging insolvency and litigation practice focused on representation of secured and unsecured creditors in bankruptcy cases and other insolvency proceedings in California and nationwide. She routinely represents parties in litigation related to insolvency and distressed debt in state and federal court, as well as purchasers and sellers of distressed assets and bankruptcy trustees and receivers. In addition, she has successfully represented numerous chapter 11 debtors through plan confirmation. In a male dominated practice area, O’Brien has risen to the top due to her demonstrated ability to lead successful trial teams and guide buyers in bankruptcy transactions. She has worked on several high-profile cases including representing Marin Clean Energy, a creditor and competitor of the debtors, in PG&E’s bankruptcy.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- 2020 Leaders in Law Finalists: Bankruptcy Attorney of the Year
- Most Influential Women Lawyers: Randye Soref
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: MARSHA A. HOUSTON
- LA 500: Richard M. Pachulski
- Leaders in Law Finalists - ATTORNEY AWARDS: LITIGATION ATTORNEYS
- WHO'S WHO---White Knights in Pinstripe Suits
- Bankruptcy & Restructuring: A Roudtable Discussion