Partner, International Tax Services
RSM US LLP
John Tam is a partner at RSM US LLP and leads the firm’s Los Angeles International Tax Practice and the firm’s West Region inbound practice. He has over 35 years of experience as a tax advisor in a variety of international tax practice areas, including transfer pricing, domestic and international taxation for both inbound and outbound transactions, foreign investments into and outside the United States, mergers and acquisitions, cross-border tax and treaty planning, international compliance and general corporate tax planning.
Born and raised in Guam, Tam moved to the Bay Area where he graduated from high school as the valedictorian. He went on to obtain both his Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting and his Master’s degree in Accounting from USC. At the firm, Tam serves as a mentor and career advisor and is a strong advocate for developing, nurturing, and opening doors for the next generation of talent.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Most Influential Women in Accounting 2019: Paige Kuroyama
- Most Influential Women in Accounting: DARCY WILSON-JONES
- Most Influential Women in Accounting 2019: Joanna Li
- Most Influential Women in Accounting: WENDY ON
- Economic Forecast & Trends 2019: Dean Joaquin
- Most Influential Minority CPAs: KIMBERLY HUSAIN PALACIOS
- Most Influential Women in Accounting: KAREN JONG
- 2019 Most Influential Minority CPAs: Richard Gabaldon