Gilbert R. Vasquez
Vasquez & Company LLP
Gilbert R. Vasquez has served as managing partner of Vasquez & Company since its founding in 1981 and oversees the firm’s direction, strategic planning, administration, marketing and major account management. He has led successful practices in public accounting, auditing, taxation and financial consulting for nearly five decades. He guided the firm’s growth from a one-person consultancy into the largest Latino-owned CPA firm in California.
Vasquez was the first minority board member of the California Board of Accountancy, which is responsible for regulating more than 100,000 CPAs, and later served as president. He also is a former Chapter 7 bankruptcy trustee for the Central District of California. He was founder and president of the Association of Latino Professionals in Finance and Accounting, which now has 90,000 members and 200 chapters across the country, and a founding advisory board member of the International Society of Filipinos in Finance and Accounting.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- 2019 Most Influential Minority CPAs: Gilbert R. Vasquez
- Giving Health Care Reform a Shot in the Arm
- Minding Obama’s Pledge to Help Small Businesses
- Top Minority CPAs in Los Angeles: SATPAL NAGPAL
- Top Minority CPAs in Los Angeles: LIZBETH NEVAREZ
- Most Influential Minority CPAs: GUY NICIO
- Most Influential Minority CPAs: CalCPA Chair Stresses Importance of Diversity, Financial Literacy and Increased Student Outreach
- Newsmakers---Development Head Cultivating CalMart