■ 12,000 square foot lounge
■ Full commercial kitchen, private individual restrooms, shower rooms a new bar, lounge and dining areas
■ Access via private elevator
■ Distinctive lighting and impactful art
The United Polaris Club at LAX consists of the build-out of a 12,000-square-foot lounge for United Fist Class Passengers. Located on the 4th floor of Terminal 7, the scope includes a full commercial kitchen, private individual restrooms and shower rooms, a new bar, lounge and dining areas, resting rooms and phone rooms.
Customers enter the club via an entrance on level three with an elevator that only serves the club. The buildout includes all new MEP systems, high end finishes, custom millwork and furniture. The designers also incorporated numerous hospitality-level amenities into the lounge, such as premium foodservice and spa-like bathrooms, to support United’s vision for an unprecedented standard of guest services.
The primary design objective was to generate a sense of continuity between the on-board cabin environment and the lounge experience. This was achieved through thoughtful spatial planning and creating different zones within the 12,000-square-foot lounge that celebrate the excitement of travel. The design team’s studied use of materials, distinctive lighting, and impactful art creates a truly differentiated experience for travelers.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- CRE Awards 2019: Best Hospitality Project - Restaurant
- Qantas Airways' Upscale Lounge Takes Wing at LAX
- Who's Building L.A. (June 4): The Mayumi Launches Creative Residential Stay Alternative
- Officials Break Ground on $1.6 Billion LAX International Terminal
- Barbie’s Former CEO Lowers Price of Dream House
- L.A. Concrete Company Gets Firm Deal From LAX
- Buyer of Long Beach Hilton Hunts More West Coast Sites
- United Adds to Summer Schedule