Head of Legal
Anthony Gin serves as head of legal for Upfront Ventures, the longest-serving and largest venture capital firm in Southern California. With more than $2 billion under management since it’s founding in 1996, Upfront Ventures has invested in technology-based companies across the country including Bird, Ring, Maker Studios, TrueCar and Overture. At Upfront, Gin advises the firm on venture capital investments into some of the most promising startups in Los Angeles. Anthony joined as Upfront’s first attorney in 2019.
Prior to joining Upfront, Gin served as legal counsel at MedMen, one of the world’s largest cannabis retailers, where he advised on M&A and general commercial transactions across the nation. Before MedMen, he was an attorney with Kirkland & Ellis LLP and Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP, where his practice was focused on private equity transactions including M&A, corporate finance and fund formation.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Most Influential Private Equity Investors & Advisors: Alison Ressler
- 2019 Leaders in Law Finalists: Corporate Attorney of the Year
- Leaders in Law Finalists - Attorney Awards: CORPORATE ATTORNEYS
- Leaders in Law Finalists - Attorney Awards: REAL ESTATE ATTORNEYS
- Leaders in Law 2018 Firm Attorney of the Year Finalists: Jonathan Bloch
- Leaders in Law 2018 In-House Counsel of the Year Finalists: Thomas Wehinger
- 2019 In-House Counsel Nominees: Sooran Rachael Jones
- 2019 In-House Counsel Nominees: Ben Howell