Karen Saunders is an audit partner in KPMG LLP’s financial services practice and she is a Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) reviewing partner. She has been with the firm for 33 years, and a CPA since 1989. Saunders has extensive experience providing accounting and auditing services for a wide variety of public and private companies, specializing in the banking and insurance sectors.
Saunders has been the leader of KPMG’s greater Los Angeles banking practice. She regularly participates in local industry events and moderates banking share forums for local banks focusing on regulatory matters and upcoming transition to the expected credit loss model. She also has expertise in SEC reporting matters for financial institutions. Her extensive experience includes advising companies on auditing and accounting issues including allowance for loan losses, derivatives and financial instruments, mortgage banking and securitization of assets, reporting and disclosure advice, valuation of assets, business combinations.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Most Influential Women in Accounting 2019: Celina Doka
- KPMG Choice for Contracting Panel Raises Conflict Questions
- Audits Home In On Real Estate
- People: Newsmakers
- Fremont Can Count on Accounting Problems
- New Rules Over Lease Values Lead to Earnings Report Snags
- Top Litigators & Trial Lawyers: JULIE R. F. GERCHIK
- Business Briefs: Center Financial, Pacific Energy Partners, IMPCO Technologies