Gumbiner Savett Inc.
Valerie Colin is a senior tax shareholder with Gumbiner Savett Inc. in Santa Monica. Colin has over 30 years’ experience in tax, accounting and business consulting. A former auditor turned tax practitioner, she helps her clients optimize their tax situations with an emphasis on recognizing income and deductions for tax purposes, maximizing available employment credits and other incentives, such as R&D credits, conservation easements, charitable strategies and 199A deductions. She also brings sophisticated tax saving strategies to clients and assists in their implementation through the best of the best resources available.
Colin dedicates many hours of her free time to La Primera, a South Bay charitable and social group where she is currently the secretary, and multiple time past president and treasurer. She also gives time to LMU, her alma mater by having served on the accounting advisory board and interfaces with the accounting society and recruiting events and fund raisers.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Women Of Influence Accounting: Valerie Colin
- Most Influential Women in Accounting 2019: Jill Massey
- Women Of Influence Accounting: Karla Chavez Luna
- 2019 Most Influential Minority CPAs: Karla Chavez Luna
- 40 In Their 40's: Karla Chavez Luna
- Top Minority CPAs in Los Angeles: KARLA CHAVEZ LUNA
- Influential Women in Accounting: KARLA CHAVEZ LUNA
- Top Minority CPAs in Los Angeles: SHREEDHAR KOTHARI