In addition to a number of benefits and cutting-edge initiatives, Reed Smith has many programs to make its culture inclusive, supportive, and enjoyable, and to promote the health and well being of its people. The firm’s most valuable resource is its people, which makes their health and well being critical to the firm, its clients and its success.
Now in its second year, “Wellness Works” is a firm wide program to promote, support and sustain the well being of its lawyers, staff and other employees worldwide. Wellness Works comprises stress management, work-life balance, healthy habits, and health mindfulness, and encompasses more than physical fitness. In addition to promoting wellness, the program also addresses mental health and use issues by providing training and information on these topics and helping the firm develop and maintain a supportive culture focused on these and other challenges its global employees encounter. The program’s initial training was entitled “A Stress Resilience Toolkit: Moving from Surviving to Thriving,” and different areas are highlighted in comprehensive monthly programs, firm wide. For example, February 2019 was designated as “Arts for Wellness” month, during which the firm’s offices offered a wide range of programming to firm personnel in an effort to promote the mental, emotional and physical benefits of art.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Best Law Firms: PILLSBURY WINTHROP SHAW PITTMAN LLP
- Workplace Environment as Talent Magnet
- Personnel Power - A Focus on Workforce Management: The Positive Impact of Functional Health for Employees
- Best Law Firms: GIBBS GIDEN LOCHER TURNER SENET & WITTBRODT
- John Iino
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide 2018: From the Battlefield to the Business Field - Resilience for Everyday Warriors
- Software Firm Sees Brain as Smart Move
- Best Places to Work 2019: Creating Value for the Multigenerational Workforce