McGuireWoods believes that firms with thoughtful leaders and great partners grow and prosper. That makes the duty of developing the firm’s best associates into strong, productive partners and attracting top-quality laterals essential to McGuireWoods’ success. The firm has hours and revenue targets. But it is also dedicated to the growth of its attorneys’ practices and the development of their careers through training and mentoring.
At McGuireWoods the team challenges itself to recruit, develop, advance and retain the best lawyers and it has a formal lateral process to ensure a smooth, successful transition. The firm also identifies and promotes associates who understand the need to go the extra mile, and who take a result from good to great. McGuireWoods ensures a stimulating work environment and rewards associates who provide the highest level of client service and who demonstrate a skill for cultivating new clients. The firm’s clients also benefit from the different life experiences and backgrounds of our McGuireWoods’ teams. The firm has six lawyer networks: African-American, Asian Pacific, Hispanic/Latinx, LGBTQ, Veteran and Women. These networks support the success of diverse and women lawyers and serve as communities to network, find business development opportunities and grow as professionals and as individuals.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Most Admired Law Firms: McGuireWoods LLP
- Top Women Attorneys in Los Angeles: Bethany Gayle Lukitsch
- Top Minority Attorneys in Los Angeles: KEOLA ROBERT WHITTAKER
- Most Influential Women Lawyers: Business Development Study Reveals Gender Divide
- Founder of Small Firm Finds Way Back to Big Law
- Leaders of Influence - Wealth Managers: KARA S. BOCCELLA
- Most Influential Minority Attorneys: Sabrina A. Beldner
- MOST INFLUENTIAL MINORITY ATTORNEYS: SIDNEY KANAZAWA