At Mayer Brown, the firm views the attainment of a diverse and inclusive workplace at all levels of the organization as critical to, and a natural result of, building a cohesive, successful law firm. Mayer Brown recruits, develops and promotes the highest caliber lawyers and staff and are committed to providing them with opportunities to realize their potential regardless of race, religion, beliefs, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, age, disability or sexual orientation.
Inclusion requires opportunity. Mayer Brown strives to foster a workplace environment that welcomes, respects and embraces differences and in which every lawyer has an equal opportunity to succeed and reach his or her full potential. The firm continues to seek and promote innovative and effective ways to increase the number of diverse students interested in law school and to recruit diverse law students and lateral lawyers. Its ethnically diverse, women and LGBTQ lawyers are deeply involved in the recruiting efforts as interviewers and Recruiting Committee members. Mayer Brown also ensures that all of its associates receive challenging work assignments and the necessary career guidance to reach their full potential as practicing lawyers. These efforts take on many forms, including national and local office diversity programs.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- 2020 Diversity & Inclusion: The Importance of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Greater Diversity is Simply Better Business
- Diversity and Inclusion: Diverse Paths to Inclusive Success
- Best Law Firms: SIDLEY AUSTIN LLP
- Diversity Becomes Bottom-Line Issue
- Diversity and Inclusion: Diversity Isn’t Enough - Why Inclusion Must be an Equal Priority
- Diversity and Inclusion: Innovation’s Secret Weapon - A Diverse Workplace
- Best Law Firms: BROWNSTEIN HYATT FARBER SCHRECK