Among the policies and benefits appreciated by attorneys and staff at Holland & Knight is the firm’s extensive EEO policy and a prohibition against various forms of harassment, which are enforced by a committee of attorneys and by firm management. The firm was one of the first to offer domestic partner benefits and has done so for many years. In 2014, the firm amended its health insurance plan to provide transgender-inclusive health insurance coverage. In 2013, it amended a long-standing Parental and Primary Caregiver Leave policy for attorneys to provide 16 weeks of paid maternity leave for birth mothers and 10 weeks of paid leave for primary caregivers of an adopted child. The firm also launched a Mothers’ Network to support women attorneys transitioning to and from maternity leave.
The firm has also admitted a partnership class that is 50% diverse, including 37.5% at the equity partner level and 58% at the non-equity partner level effective January 1, 2019. Diverse attorneys serve in a number of leadership or management positions at the firm. For example, in 2018, an African American female partner was unanimously elected to serve as Chair of the Directors Committee (the firm’s highest policymaking body).
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Human Resources, Staffing & Employment: A Holiday Stocking for California Businesses - Treats or Lumps of Coal Heading into 2018
- Most Influential Minority Attorneys: Karl J. Lott
- Top Litigators & Trial Lawyers: VINCE FARHAT
- Top Women Attorneys in Los Angeles: Vivian Lee Thoreen
- CUSTOM CONTENT: Preventing, Managing and Resolving Potentially Devastating Cyberattacks
- Top Minority Attorneys in Los Angeles: RYAN LEADERMAN
- Employment Law Firms Upended
- Best Law Firms: FISHER PHILLIPS LLP