As an organization, Buchalter believes that it has an ethical imperative to encourage and ensure that every individual in the firm is granted the opportunity to excel, regardless of background or beliefs. The firm provides a platform for all to pursue success and to take pride in providing the highest quality of legal services for its clients. Buchalter insists upon parity of opportunity and compensation. All attorneys are evaluated upon their individual merits.
The firm’s Diversity, Equality and Inclusion Committee is composed of attorneys from both minority and non-minority groups, junior and senior, male and female. Each member brings exceptional insights about their respective communities. The Committee regularly reviews the firm’s practices to identify and address areas which might benefit from improvement, and creates an action plan to the firm’s Board of Directors to implement changes in hiring or other support policies and procedures. The Committee frequently hosts cultural recognition events throughout the year for all lawyers and employees that give us all an opportunity to share, learn, and celebrate both our diversity and our commonality. Buchalter also believes that client service goes hand-in-hand with public service. Community commitment has been a core value since the firm’s founding in 1933.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Most Admired Law Firms: Buchalter
- Best Law Firms: MAYER BROWN LLP
- Best Law Firms: BLANK ROME LLP
- Black Business Matters Speaker: Dawn R. Rosemond, Esq.
- Diversity & Inclusion Summit: LISA BENNETT WRENCH
- Diversity & Inclusion Summit 2018: The Importance of Appreciating Differences
- Thriving In Their 40's: Satpal Nagpal
- Minority Leaders Of Influence, Attorneys: Mercedes O. Martin