National Health Foundation:
515 S. Figueroa St., Suite 1300, Los Angeles, CA 90071
President & CEO
Chief Operating Officer
Chief Strategy Officer
Chief People Officer
Executive Director of Housing & Homeless Services
Board of Directors
Hunn Group, LLC
GuideWell Care Solutions
City of Los Angeles Department of Aging
David Alan Salon
Hospital Association of Southern California
Bridget Harper Consulting
Providence St. Joseph Health
Prospect Medical Systems
Sharon Stein Merkin
Geriatric School of Medicine, UCLA
Stacy Miller Public Affairs
National Health Foundation has a mission to improve the health of under-resourced communities by taking action on the social determinants of health.
National Health Foundation provides holistic programming in the areas of housing, food access, built environment and education across Southern California.
What is your GuideStar Rating?
GuideStar Rating: Gold
What was your greatest community impact in 2019?
National Health Foundation currently provides 97 recuperative care beds across Los Angeles and Ventura County for individuals who are experiencing homelessness that have been discharged from the hospital. In 2019, 1,328 individuals experiencing homelessness were safely discharged from the hospital to one of NHF’s recuperative care facilities.
Whether it is volunteering for a community beautification project or supporting the team in preparing for our annual block party in Pico-Union, there are plenty of ways to get involved year-round at NHF.
Please visit our website at NationalHealthFoundation.org to check out a listing of upcoming events and ways to get involved.
It is through the generosity of our donors, partners and supporters that our work is possible. Please consider donating through our website at NationalHealthFoundation.org/donate-give/.
Your donation today can be applied to any of the following programs:
• Recuperative care and bridge housing for the homeless
• Teen pregnancy prevention
• Teen health education
Goals for 2020
• Provide 20,000 days of service to approximately 1,500 guests in our recuperative care program.
• Conduct 100 educational sessions to teens at risk for teen pregnancy and parenting, helping them
to set career goals and graduate from high school.
• Enroll 350 individuals into CalFresh, a state-run program that helps low-income families access fresh and nutritious food.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Homeless Recuperative-Care Facility to Open in Pico-Union Following $1M Renovation
- Homeless Recuperative-Care Facility Opens in Pico-Union Following $1M Renovation
- Health Care Leadership Forum & Awards: National Health Foundation Recuperative Care Collaborative - Health Care Non Profit Organizaton of the Year
- Efforts to Address Patient Dumping Problem Move Forward
- Universal Intake Form Would Help Patients Get Needed Services
- 2021 Nonprofit of the Year Honoree: National Health Foundation
- Hospitals Hope D.A. Hasn't Derailed Dumping Solution
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: Didi Hirsch Mental Health Services