Letter from the Publisher
A recent study by United HealthCare Services revealed that 75 percent of employees who volunteer or engage with nonprofit causes through their workplace end up feeling better about their employers. The overall mental and emotional benefits of volunteering are even greater, with 93% reporting an improved mood, 79% reporting lower stress levels and 88% reporting increased self-esteem by giving back.
Community involvement can contribute to key business goals, including improved reputation, and attracting and retaining employees, as well as the obvious fiscal benefits related to taxes.
There are many important and meaningful organizations here in L.A. County doing important work, and we have taken the time to share some of the best with you in our annual Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide special supplement. We hope it serves to remind you of our community’s needs while also providing you and your business with a resource to aid in the quest for partnering with the right philanthropic or community organization.
In this section, we also acknowledge some examples of extraordinary businesses that have led by example and taken corporate social responsibility to the next level by making good on their commitments to their nonprofit partners.
Thanks are due to our section sponsors who make this volume possible and many thanks to you, our readers, who have taken the time to consider the needs of your community.
Publisher & CEO
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide 2018: Americans Demand Authenticity in Corporate Citizenship, According to New Research
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide 2018: Continuing to Build Upon a Legacy of Giving Back
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: Making A Difference in Southern California
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: Wells Fargo Continues to Commit Itself to the City of Los Angeles
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: Girl Scouts of Greater Los Angeles
- A Giving Mood
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: American Honda Finance Corporation Makes Dreams Possible
- 2019 CTO Awards: Publisher's Letter